Thread: AA hand
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: AA hand

Beavis - I think you played mostly fine.

Just one thing. I'd bet the turn.

I'd bet the turn because you know once you check behind MP1, MP1 is probably going to bet the river into you, and if so, you're going to call because MP1's bet might be an attempt to steal the pot and you have a chance to win high, low, or scoop.

If you bet the turn and MP1 calls, then MP1 will probably check the river into you and you can then check behind MP1 for the same total contribution. The difference is that MP1 might fold if you bet the turn.

The way you played it, MP1 gets to make the bet to possibly to steal the pot, instead of you.

When you force an opponent to confront a bet, you give your opponent an opportunity to make a mistake. (You make more money in this game from your opponent's mistakes than from your own brilliant play).

Instead, the way you played it, you gave your opponent a chance to give you the opportunity to make the mistake. Folding on the river, in my humble opinion, would have been a mistake. You did not make that mistake, which was good.

I don't know the results, and they don't matter to me because this hand could go any one of a number of different ways and I don't think we should rely on the results of whichever of the varied possibilities actually occurred. If you scooped, obviously it turned out you played perfectly. Or if you got scooped, then you'd obviously have done better folding before the flop.

But the next time you're in this or a simiilar situation, give your opponent the opportunity to make the mistake instead of the other way around.

Just my opinion.

Buzz