View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: AA - faced with an all in on turn

[ QUOTE ]
Just the background, nothing is really known about the players since this was about 10 minutes or so into the game.

FullTiltPoker Game #344920084: Table Camden Rose
$0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em

Seat 6: VILLAIN ($100)
Seat 7: HERO ($103.55)

VILLAIN posts $1
The button is in seat #7

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to HERO [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

UTG folds
Folds to VILLAIN
VILLAIN raises to $3
HERO raises to $7

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest mistake, in general, was this re-raise amount. Made it very easy for him to play correctly with medium pairs and such given the money ratios. Especially if you come out betting big on the flop. Also made it more difficult to narrow his range, which made the turn decision harder. It's a pretty bad mistake, moreso as it looks like you are hardly ever getting away from the hand post flop.

I would say the 9 likely hit his hand in some way, but may still be behind AA. Maybe 88, or JcQc etc. I guess it depends on whether he gives you a likely big pair for your preflop reraise. If that is likely, I fold to the 9 on the turn, but call if he made the move on a more blank looking card. In that case, I'd be more likely to have him on a weaker holding for his allin play, especially if he could have me on a wider range than just big pairs. But I don't really have a clue as I have so little info.