View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: New to smoking, a few q\'s

[ QUOTE ]

As a longtime cigarette smoker (more than half of my 30 years) I would not recommend taking it up in any way to any one. And I enjoy the hell out of smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! Sure, it's probably possible to maintain status as a casual smoker, but how many addicts started with this intention? Its a serious question, while I don't have the answer, I'm sure that most if not all nicotine addicts didn't start with the intention of becoming addicted.

I've quit smoking more times than I can count, sometimes for years. It's been almost 18 months since I've had a cigarette and there is no way I will allow myself to enjoy even one cigarette (sadly, probably not a cigar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] either) ever again. I know that if I have one cigarette, I'll probably smoke another one in a week or so then another in a couple of days, then 2 one day and none for 3 more, then I'll just smoke one a day for a week and then I'm done; I'll smoke 10-20 cigs a day for several months before quitting again and shorten my life by that amount.

If you've ever been addicted to cigarettes then you know it goes about like that, if you haven't you may think I'm crazy or weak. Either way, my advice is the same. Don't start! there are much better ways to get a buzz, try one of those. Hell, smoke a joint if you want the buzz. It tastes better anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]