View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: PokerRoom.com \'Poker Pro for a Year\' promotion...any info?

[ QUOTE ]
The online part of the Become a poker pro tournament takes place on the 10th of September. (Please note that if you want to compete in the “Become a poker pro tournament” you have to participate in the bounty tournament too.)

The 9 players that make it on to the off-line final table will receive info on that part of the tournament the week after the final table has been set.

You need to register for both tournaments before the 18th of August with me .

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't square at all with the following, pulled from the PokerRoom site on the Team PokerRoom page (It's still up there, and there is another WPT final tourney scheduled for Sat.)--

[ QUOTE ]
Become a Paid Poker Pro for a Year - The $18,500 package is not all you get as a member of Team PokerRoom.com! Don't forget the $240,000 Poker Pro for a Year promotion, where all Team PokerRoom.com members battle for an opportunity to spend 2006 as a paid poker pro!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am happy as punch to have made a seat at the WPT, I have to say that when I finally decided to play the tourney, the opportunity to compete in the 'pro for a year' promo was a big part of the decision.

Since I didn't see the arbitrary behind-the-scenes deadline until after making the team, they gotta stand behind the info up on the website....I would think....hope....

https://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/.../team07Archive

Thanks a lot, Huntsky, for shedding some light on the situation.

I guess I'll just patiently wait for a response to my several emails.......