View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Sometimes I just do and don\'t know why

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? It was my one interesting hand of the night (probably because it was the only time I went all-in). I usually play limit and know what is standard there but am still learning with the no-limit so you will have to bear with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i was only half-serious. this is a good hand to raise with, especially with a tight image. a lot of the rest of the hand plays itself...you have to call the preflop minraise...the implied odds are too good. the flop hit you a little bit, so i like the delayed bluff here and in fact, you could be ahead of a missed AK/AQ. you have to call the flop and take it away from him if he showed weakness or if you improve. the turn push is the highest percentage way to win the hand if you're behind, which is what it looks like when he fires the second shot on the turn, and you'll win a good percentage of the time even when he calls with a better hand.

your hand is pretty well disguised. i'm certain he has no idea what you have. after your push he's putting you on JJ or 99 or AA/KK played trickily.