View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: What if you fell 30 ft?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thirty feet is enough to break legs but not much more if you land on your feet, trying to roll down to your side to slow the fall some. Trying to land on your back or side would be a good way to break your back I'd think.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i would think....that a well timed ballup/roll might be able to deflect some of the force...but who knows....blarg? jake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known two people who have fallen off the roof of 2 storey-homes. One guy was a black-belt in jiujitsu and knew how to fall properly (I'm not entirely sure what he did, but it involved a roll), and wasn't injured at all when he got up and brushed himself off.

The other guy was a big guy who landed on his stomach. His stomach hurt a bit after he fell, but didn't break any bones, so he considered himself lucky. A few days later his stomach started to bother him, but he was going through a stressful period, and thought it was just indigestion. The pain persisted, but he refused to go to a doctor. His breath then started to get really bad...it smelled like something had literally died inside him. Actually, something *literally* had -- his stomach had moved and twisted when he'd hit the ground, and had become gangrenous over time. He finally collapsed one day with a massive fever and was rushed to the hospital. They ended up having to remove a good chunk of his stomach to save his life.

So, to answer your question, I wouldn't land on my stomach. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]