View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: standard small overpair?

I like the preflop raise just because a continuation bet after the raise usually leads to your opponent folding. I think he called you with middle pair here or some garbage honestly... i mean if u held an 8 or 9 and someone raised preflop... he probably put u on AJ and trying to take down the pot after you missed.

I think your 10's are ahead and i would continue to bet untill the river... the only hand you can get in trouble with i believe would be a loose post flop call with KQ or a big pair(unlucky) that didnt want to push preflop into BB so he could try and trap you. I'd say 95% of the time.. u have the best hand after the flop and 70% of the time by the river with those cards out there.(runner-runner flush/straight/K)

As far as how to bet this.. i would bet the flop.. maybe even over-bet the flop so if he thinks its a steal and moves in with his 8 or 9... IF he folds his 8 or 9... big deal.. u took down the pot with a decent hand. I like to play pretty tight-aggressive the first 3 rounds. Thats why i would overbet the flop, and pick more comfortable spots later on.