View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 AM

Default A stupid river fold in 3/6

Howdy,

Thought I'd get your thoughts on this play. I'm in a slightly loose hold 'em game at my local B&M, 3/6. Things are up and down, and in the little blind I'm dealt 86 of spades. I limp, and the flop comes Qs 7h 9s. I bet; several players fold, the big blind and button call. The turn brings a blank. I check, big blind and button do the same. The river brings the 4s. I bet, big blind raises, button re-raises. $12 to me, about $45 in the pot, and I dump the hand thinking ace or king high flush. Turns out two pair won this hand.

Calling one raise is a no-brainer. Two raises, with them occuring on the river when the three-flush showed up and not much aggression before this, made me think I was sunk. I tend to think calling was the right move (even though the player next to me said he would have made the lay down too) and I made a bonehead play, but the pot was not massive so maybe that justifies my action a little but not much at small stakes where strange plays abound. Not looking for sympathy here, but just some input - I think I played this one too tight.

Any thoughts?
Paul