View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Dutch Speaks Out on ZeroRake

[ QUOTE ]
The reality is, a no rake site gets sabotaged before it can get off the ground. Look at Zero and how it was slandered from day one. If you don't realize what was going on, you need to become aware.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if we assume this is true, it doesn't really make that much difference. It's not the people who read poker boards who are going to make the difference in the success of these sites. It's the casual player of that kind that generates such a high player population at places like Party and Stars. These people will never hear about it if a site gets badmouthed in the Zoo. What makes the difference with them is flashy ads on TV, famous player endorsements, mass marketing, etc. Actually, being badmouthed in the Zoo would probably be a good thing in terms of the quality of the games you could expect at the site. As charming as I find some of the people in the Zoo, I don't really want to see them in the seat next to me at the poker table on a daily basis. It would be bad for my wallet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]