View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

Luxor 2/4 on a Friday night.

I raise AQo from MP, button cold-calls. SB is a shaved-head kid (older than I am though) wearing shades and an IPod, up about $100 since sitting down by WPT'ing his garbage cards. He plays loose-aggressive-clueless. He calls, BB calls, and UTG trash-donkey calls.

Flop comes KJT rainbow. Shaved-head bets and everyone calls. I should have raised... I know.

Four to the turn: blank. Shaved-head bets, trash-donkey calls, I raise, button folds. Shaved-head is staring at me from behind those mirrored shades. I look behind me to make sure something isn't going on back there. Then I worry there's a piece of food stuck to my face. Finally, I realize he's staring me down so I sit back and forget about him. He and the trash-donk both call.

River pairs the the board tens. Shaved-head bets, trash-donk calls, I raise, shaved-head stares back at me for a while. I think he doesn't know the action is to him so I say "It's on you." He says "I know." He stares some more and finally re-raises, trash-donk cold-calls, I call.

He stares at me some more. Dealer turns to him and says "Please show us your cards sir." One at a time, he he turns over a king, then a ten (not suited) for the rivered boat. I say "Nice hand," and throw my cards face-up on the table. There are a few ooo's and ahh's from the other players. He stares back and finally speaks. "Ace high? I knew I had you the whole way."