View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Interesting AQT4ds hand

Bluff,

I appreciate very much what you are saying.

Some thoughts, which I would welcome comments on -

Everyone says that PLO is a high-variance game. Yet, there are many things you can do to control your variance, such as folding marginal hands preflop, calling instead of raising when you have a big draw, etc. I am certain that because of my style of play, my variance is much less than the average player that posts here. Nevertheless, I am a consistent winner at PLO $200, and winning the same bb rate as I did playing PLO $100. I play about 20 hours/week and make about 50 bb/hr playing 4-6 tables. I'm sure many of you out there make more, but I can say I am happy with my results. And I enjoy playing the game and being involved with the discussion here. Of course, I want to get better, and am eager to learn. Just this week, I believe my game has been significantly improved by the advice in Rolf Slotboom's latest article. Surprisingly, the net effect of his advice has been to decrease my variance even more, and improving my net profits!

One of the frequent comments that always gives me a chuckle is when somebody says "if you don't like variance, you shouldn't be playing PLO", when they really mean "if you don't like playing xxxx hand my way, then you suck at PLO."

For a recreational player like myself, as long as you enjoy playing, and you aren't losing, there's no reason to quit.

How often do you turn a 22 out draw playing Texas Holdem??? That's why I love Omaha. I'm sorry if somebody like Rempel doesn't feel the same. Just ignore my posts if you think they suck. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]