View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 PM

Default UNBELIEVABLE!!! Best Live Poker Move EVER!!

Just got back from Vegas, playing mostly at the Imperial Palace due to the comps. The following came up in the $100 max $1/$2 No Limit game.

It's down to heads up action after the flop; action between Player 1 and Player 2. River card brings a third diamond for a potential flush. Player 1 is first to act on fifth street and instantly pushes all in. Player 2 calls time, and says to Player 1 "you like your flush, eh?" Player 2 then declares he "IS NOT MUCKING." Player 2 proceeds to expose his hole cards to Player 1...Player 2 has a baby flush and is worried about a higher flush. After seeing Player 2's flush, and BEFORE Player 2 calls the all in bet, Player 1 exposes his hole cards and shows top two pair. Seeing Player 1's hole cards, Player 2 instantly calls and claims the pot is his with the flush.

Player 1 jumps up and screams for the floor. Player 1 argues emphatically that Player 2's hand is dead because he exposed his cards. Player 1 argues the hand is live and that exposing cards is perfectly fine, heads up, in non-tournament play.

I'll tell you how the floor ruled, following a few friendly comments. Since I think this is one of the best live poker moves I've seen, I think you can venture a wager as to how the floor ruled!