View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Hung myself by my own hooks

okay, now as much fun as some of your are having using CrisBrown as a punching bag, maybe I can divert your attention to this hand, I would appreciate some insight.

$5 SnG [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] on Stars, only one table too..... anyways
we are down to 4, third gets a meager 6 bucks, 4th gets a beer from the fridge.
I am the short stack, although not by much, one player has around 5k, another right below 3k, third has just above 2300, and I have ~2000.
Blinds are 75/150
I am dealt JJ UTG. Now because I was the short stack I have been making several steal plays to get to where I was at, you know pushing with KTs, hoping for no callers, using my posistion, etc...
so with this hand,(which BTW I HATE), I decided to try to steal again. first mistake??? Maybe I should have raised to 500?? 800?? I dunno, I push my stack though.
everyone folds to BB, who calls with AQo.
flop is low rags, can't remember completely, anyways turn is a rag, and of course river is A, ahhhh thats Poker Stars for ya [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
so obviously I lost, my question is though, with my hand and my table image, should I have raised 2x-3x's BB, and then pushed on the flop? I know AQ is following me to the flop, he might even force me all in if I raise 2x-3x's.
Ideas? Thoughts? Criticism?

BTW... the beer was a Corona
also BTW [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] does anyone else hate it when people complain that I lost because thats Poker Stars, as if to imply somehow PS cheats, or always lets the dog win?