View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 PM

Default One of my favorite situations

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter

BB (t5030)
Hero (t4970)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls t250, BB checks.

Flop: (t750) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1200</font>, Hero moves allin, BB folds.

Final Pot: t2550

Ok kind of got this to work. This is a favorite move of mine at the $215s. Basically this is a two card flop IMO. 82, I just pretend the ace isn't there.

So ok I bet the flop because they fold too often , by far enough to make it automatically +EV. Once he raises, there is very good chance he doesn't have an 8 or a 2, because these guys can be sophisticated too, and they know I don't have anything. I think that moving allin is a great play here in the right spot.

He will fold so much, very very hard for him to call with a duece, and I suspect some will even fold with an eight. If he has an ace and decided to forgo the +ev preflop push, then congratulations to him.

Anyway I had to show something exciting after my suggestion for the AQo hand where I suggested to check/fold top pair. Whenever I reraise allin with no pair/no draw and it works I'm always happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS - If he has a draw and decided to check min raise me, then congratulations to him also, of course this is a terrible play on his part.

PSS - It's also worth considering a non allin raise, even keeping like 1k-1400 chips, since I can safely fold against an allin with my 7 high no draw.