View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand from the WSOP Circuit Night Event

[ QUOTE ]
I think counting on the tourists to fold is a stretch, and the obvious thing people are going to say here is 'fold preflop'.

Your actions in this hand are very read oriented so I'm really not sure what type of a response you are looking for. The push, however, is not clear if the tourists may look you up. If they wont, and this is your read, then I'm not sure why this has been posted except for the fun story and descriptions you have. Another thing to consider is that if your table as incredible as it looks, you can probably wait for a better spot to splash your chips around.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Ir wasn't a stretch at all to know that the tourists would fold. I've been playing with them for an hour and a half.

I know that my actions are read oriented... that's why I described my reads.

I don't post here much, but based on the replies I've recieved from my last few posts on hands I've played in live events... it seems like this really isn't a live MTT forum.

I do find it strange that you would say this is either a horrible play... or (depending on reads) so clear that it becomes boring and not worth posting. I thought there was a chance it stood somewhere in between... since my line wasn't my first instinct. I put as much thought into this hand as you can in real time during a tournament.

Would you risk 275 of an 1800 chip stack to win 1100 chips with 5-2 against a random hand? Of course you would.

Would you limp with 5-2 for 100 chips and 1800 behind from late position with 2 limpers? Of course you wouldn't.

Seemed like an interesting contradiction at the time.

Irieguy