View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: First posted hand - fairly deep 1/2 NL hand

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I muster the nerve to go by my read and flatcall again on the turn, isn't calling allowing him to get a free chance to outdraw (say if he had Qh in his hand), or is the theory behind this that they are doing the charging themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a few things. Don't fear the heart draw as I guarantee an overbet is from a hand that wants nothing to do with the heart draw. Second, one thing you need to realize is that you as a player are a key determinant of the odds of a hand. If you are able to let go at the right time, then you have effectively killed there implied odds. Granted, you lose the hand, but you will save money and prevent them from getting the money they need to get out of you to make drawing a profitable move. Third, with the previous commment out of the way, he is not getting the odds to draw as it is so don't worry about it so much. Relax a bit.

Also, more as a side note and a caution: Bad players get good hands PF just as often as good players do. Don't assume that because he is bad, that his raise and re-re-raise means squat. You need to control your ego, and not allow yourself to believe that "there is no way he could have a better hand than me", or that "because I am a better player than he is, I can magically make my hand better than his or can take the pot by sheer force." I don't mean to sound preachy, but it is something that you have to keep in mind.

- Trail