View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: First posted hand - fairly deep 1/2 NL hand

Hey ToT,

Thanks for your replies. For the river, I was about 66% towards folding and 33 calling - as such, the price was right to justify a call.

You're right, I totally murdered my goals in regard to this hand. I could have probably played the hand a lot easier (in a smaller pot) by flatcalling pf and would have been able to raise his potsized bet by a large amout hence forcing the issue a lot more.

As it is, how do you read his flop bet? Would you have gone with your read here and re-popped him (what kind of hand with an ace bets this hard)? Is the min-raise not accomplishing anything? Would a call have been justified given the posibility of a flush draw?

On the turn, the worst possible card came. If he indeed has KK it got there, flush got there, etc. Do I check behind here, addressing mistake 3, and leave myself in a similar tough situation on the river?

I agree I should have just stuck to my goals, but for some reason I felt that MORE aggression would lead to keeping the pot controllable, but that went horribly wrong. When facing idiots such as the Villian in the OP, do you never press the issue hard early in the betting? Do you prefer letting them hang themselves in later streets (and possibly outdrawing to whatever BS they're betting with)?

I feel a case could be made for raising MORE on the flop and being done with it afterwards, though an idiot such as the Villian could probably justify calling a much larger raise if he was willing to call the minimum raise.

Sorry for being so wordy, I just feel there were a lot of options when playing this type of opponent. Hence the reason why I LOVE this game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]