View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: $109 tourney, T5s hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd expect to be shown something like jt or a set of 5s or 10s too often in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the toughts. But I just want to make sure that you do realize that there is only 1 possible combination for 55, and 1 for TT (for my opp to hold)? So obviously you won't be seeing these hands often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i should have been more clear before. what i meant to say was that if the big stack is willing to commit all his chips here (or close enough against you, the second-largest stack), he's most often doing it with jt here, and also 55 and tt. i didn't mean those are the hands he'll usually have in absolute terms, but those are the hands i'd expect him to be check-raising the second-largest stack with.

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree that JT is a hand I am more worried about (6 combinations), obviously. And I do put him in a tough spot if he has TPTK and even TP2ndK, although in this case pushing against him is probably not optimal, as I don't give him a chance to feel more comfortable about his hand. However, only calling his check-raise is dangarous with only a vulnerable bottom 2p.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that calling is pretty bad, unless you're willing to put the rest in. i think i'd grit my teeth and fold to the check-raise here.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, you don't give any other line of playing post-flop. I'm interested to see how you would have played it (and I gave my reasons for the "smallish" PF raise in another post in this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, leaving aside the preflop issue, i'd have played it the same way you did, except i would have likely folded to the check-raise. imo smooth-calling the check-raise is not even an option. it's all-in or fold time there.