View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: ($22) TT as overcards

[ QUOTE ]
I usually limp TT from EP for set value or to win a small pot when I flop unders. It's just too much of a nightmare when you have to play a big pot out of position early when the flop has an over more than half the time. Plus, a reraise makes me sick as I don't want to race early. JJ I usually raise EP, but 10s and lower I usually limp. When the blinds get higher -- 50/100 or 100/200 -- I am raising 10s from any position and I don't hate getting it in against most opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah - I make the same distinction, but I make them one rank lower than you do. I raise AA-TT, limp 99-88, and fold 77-22 from EP in the early game. TT is just barely valuable enough for me to want to play it (fairly) aggressively. Sure, if I face a huge reraise and no overlay, I throw it away. But add in the times that I pick up the blinds with the one raise, the value in all the worse hands calling my raise, the deception I add into my early game raises, and the times that I get called PF but folded to on the flop even when it comes A or K high...and I think it more than makes up for the times that I have to throw it away preflop and the times I get just called by JJ (as QQ-AA most often reraise) AND flop the 2nd best overpair that gets me in real trouble.