View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Recap of Upgrade Issues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) Thread Subjects Open The Most Recent Post

This applies to both threaded and flat modes. When clicking on a subject, it is preferable to have it display the original post (or page in flat mode).

[/ QUOTE ]

Flat mode has always defaulted to showing the oldest "new" post, and I much prefer it that way. However, now that there's a link to do that within the thread, I could deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wanted to edit that but my time had already expired. All my time using threaded mode made me a bit ignorant of some of the previous flat defaults. I mainly wanted to correct the part about both modes displaying the last post. It actually jumps to the oldest 'new' post, as you said.

I obviously wouldn't mind if the OP gets shown in threaded mode, though. I know a lot of us threaded users miss it. But after thinking it over, it wouldn't be an awful thing if this never got changed back. I suspect all of us threaded types would get used to the 'jump to the oldest unread post' style fairly quickly. But I do prefer it the other way. You can consider this issue moved to my list of minor issues, big wigs. It's probably something you can keep, but people won't like it for a few weeks.

Damn, my correction kind of ruins the point of my OP. I was hoping to create one solid post for chuck and mat to reference. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]