View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to get away form this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Just came off of a 5th place live tounemnet win and the next day a 7th place Online touney win, feeling confindent entered another event the next day a was out in the first 10 min.

I hold A5 in the BB no raises

Flop 525 I bet $325 button calls
Turn is an 8 I bet $325 button calls
river is a 2 I bet all in button calls
Button wins with Pocket 8's

I probably should not have bet all in on the river because I had him on a weaker 5 and it would be a chop, but it was early and you guys no how some freaks over play AK,AQ, ect. with a low card board. I don't think I made any huge errors but tell me how to lay this down or not go broke.

Thanks folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack sizes, texture of the flop, buy in, site, and how many people saw the flop would be nice.

I think most people on this board go broke there, you really have no info on villian's hand.

But I'm wondering...

1. What's your logic in betting out on the flop? Why not check it? I'd be slow playing trips w/ an ace here, *especially* heads up. I don't know why villian called, maybe he thought you were trying to buy it or something.

2. You know villian has called you on the flop. I'd still assume I had the best hand, and I think I check/push here. It's hard to tell b/c I don't know how much you have behind and also villian's stack. There's really no reason not to get it all in on the turn, now that he's called your flop bet.

Obviously the result wouldnt be any different, but I don't think you played this hand correctly.