View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Up and coming NBA players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All the Celtics young guns. I hope that Ainge cleans us out of all the old men and lets the young guys play more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who other than Allen and AlJef?

Do you think Allen can really be an NBA starter? What about his shooting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think given some PT, Perkins could develop into a great center. He is very large, very intense, and probably just needs to work on conditioning.

Delonte is a natural player who does everything well.

TA is VERY athletic, crashes the boards, plays great D, and will probably spend a lot of time working on shooting this offseason.

All AlJef needs to do to become an elite PF is work on conditioning (playing 40 min/game is what I'd like) and work on his skills in double teams. Again, this is achievable.

IMO, Banks is already there and just needs to be given the reigns to the team. His head may be a little screwy as it was clear that the C's did better when GP was on the court then Banks (although GP is an elite PG and has TONS of experience).

So basically I think that out of the bunch only AlJef will contribute this year, but I'd look at TA and Perk as long term guys. Banks and Delonte are both great in their own ways, but I prefer Banks although Delonte is probably a better leader at this point.

For fantasy contribution I don't think TA will be that good this year, but maybe towards the end of the season we will notice him as a more controlled, better shooter.

Edit- to be more concise here's how long until they're solid contributers to the roster:
AJ: Next year (20-30 MPG)
Delonte: Depends on the status of GP but I think he could get 10-15 this year and when we finally get rid of Pierce, be a good 6th or 7th man off the bench
Banks: This year depends on GP, but I could see him being the starting PG and being very, very good. I have very high hopes for him and just think he needs to mature a tiny bit more.
Perkins: Will be a GREAT center as soon as he's in top shape/the Celtics management realizes how good he is.
Allen: Will either be a starter or quick off the bench this year, but will put up solid minutes either way. He's only a jump shot away from being an elite 2 guard.