View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 09:06 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Here\'s a thought

It may be covered already, but here goes.

At my old room I used to watch/hear overlimit guys complain when they sat in a LL game how they couldnt beat LL games because of the players. They needed more 'predictable' players. So that became their texture of choice. Some learned how to play it rather well. Well enough to beat their normal opponents. One trick ponies.

But now comes the poker boom. With it comes more money/players able to blow chips at theses higher limit players who either forgot how to beat the typical LL texture or never could anyways. They dont know how to adjust so they blame it on the players instead of looking at their own games.

It's not necesarily better players coming in. Yeah, that happens, but most players i've seen just plain suck. But with those types of players/textures comes higher variance game. Which means you may need a roll higher than 300BB. Which some higher limit guys aren't used to. So again, well ingrained in their one style, it couldnt be their fault, they'll say again. The new guys just dont know how to play.

I dont understand either how more players coming in, more games to choose from, more loose money makes tougher games overall. For every one decent player coming in, there are countless donators.

I also wonder if many of the players who complain about this aren't older guys who like sitting in their little rock garden. Boy, now those are the games we all yearn for!

Cya

b