View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: The definitive post on 22s v 33s (with some comments on 55s)

A few points....first off, the 55s are a different animal than what I have been playing the last month and a half.

[ QUOTE ]
but im not looking to "double up" early

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that perhaps the most interesting thing about the party sng is that it is highly possible to fold your way into the money. As such, I agree. But, lets face it doubling up early definately helps your chances of cashing.

[ QUOTE ]
by the 50/100 level, im glad to have a stack around 1500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh absolutely. I usually am happy with t1100 at level 4.

[ QUOTE ]
after that its a lot of blind stealing, followed by bubble play. blinds are so high by this point if im not a big stack, im doing the push/fold thing a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHHHHHHH!!!! The thing about the 55s is that you usually don't have to play pushbot poker too often as the blinds dont get too too big until level 8.

[ QUOTE ]
i find my NL cash game background helps a lot here - i tend to see way too many people overvaluing hands when they still have 30+BBs in their stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason that I am still at the lower levels is due to the fact that I played a ton of mtts in the last two months without any significant cashes. I can full well say that playing a 30 bb stack is the hardest part of mtts, so your statement hits spot on. Your nl cash experience is definately helpul.