View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: ATo - 4-handed - bottom pair

Let me explain my thought processes and the table conditions a little bit more. I tried to stay as indescript as possible, but I think that's an error. I was playing only this one table at the time as a test of mine. I wanted to see how much I was losing out on by playing 2 or more at a time and not analyzing my opponents.

BB was raising ~30% of his hands preflop, and would cap with all of them. I think that a cap's still an error though. However, my read on SB was pretty strong that he was a slow-player. He'd call the flop and check-raise the turn if he had the straight, and I had a feeling he'd check-raise the turn with a queen. I had two intentions with the flop raise. Firstly, I thought it was for value, but I feel that that's an error. Secondly, I felt I could buy a free river as well. After SB bet the turn, I felt it was possible that he did not have a queen, as the most logical play for him would to try a check-raise. Even if I had AA, would he risk scaring me away? Given those conditions, I felt that the river call, while close, is a good play.

Am I being too optimistic?