View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: PT database question

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to create a new database and import HH from different limits from my old database? Or am I screwed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible, but it's not smooth :

1)You can create a new database and import the hand histories you still have on your computer. The default setting is 30 days on these though so you'll only have that much of hand histories saved.

2)If you go to UTILITIES, then EXPORT HAND HISTORIES TO FILE, it will go through your old database and create text files of all the hand histories it has imported. Then just import all those text files into your new database.

------------------------------------------------------

This isn't going to give you an exact copy but it will give you most. You'll get errors of observed hands if you didn't save the hand histories for them (which is off by default).

When you have your new copy of a database, you can then go to UTILITIES, then DATABASE MAITENANCE AND OPTIONS, go to your names and purge all the sessions you don't want.

If you have a little computer and PT knowledge, you can just manually copy your old database in windows, rename it and then set it as your new database in PT. This will save you the effort of doing 1 & 2 from above.

I don't know of a better way but maybe someone else does? This is how I've always done it.