View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: It\'s a big flop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The sb had 99 and the flop better had A3o. Like I said, a good table. It's a pity he slowplayed the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir, are a luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work hard at it. I sacrifice a chicken before every playing session. I used to do kittens but Wookie took that over.

[/ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, I hope you see what I'm saying when I assert that a flop raise does not increase your chances to win this pot if you are already behind. This is a call > raise >>>>> fold situation on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't grunch (at work), but this makes the most sense. When you got donkbet, you were likely facing Ax, two crappy pair, or a set, which put you way behind. You're not causing any of these better hand than yours to fold here by raising. Take the odds on making your set and call. I probably would have called>folded (weak/tight). As it turns out, you put two bets in, which did not protect your hand, and lucked out because you didn't get 3-bet, and hit your set on the turn. I try to be mindful possible incorrect decisions being rewarded with a big pot. This can set my mind to making the same incorrect decision again.