View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Another Question For Protestants

[ QUOTE ]
Since I am a Catholic I don't think it is overall, but some interpretations of it are, especially when they engage in such contortions to try to prove the doctrines of such denominatins are correct when they are contradictory of each other. This is especially the case when by modifying their views to that of another denomination they could avoid much of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be direct. I will not be offended. You think I am contorting the words of scripture to fit my protestant beliefs when if I just accepted the Roman Catholic Church's teaching, such contortions would be unnecessary.

I do not feel I am contorting scripture. Poorly communicating maybe, but not intentionally contorting. I am simply trying to communicate the New Testament's teaching about Old Testament saints. When scripture tells me that Abraham was justified by faith, I believe it. This is not a solely New Testament concept. Genesis says that Abraham was justified by his faith. Habakkuk says that the just shall live by faith. The book of Hebrews goes to great lengths to explain to Jewish believers how all of the law, the sacrificial system and the like all have their end in Christ.

What is the Catholic Church's teacing on how Old Testament saints are saved?