View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Keeping fishies around

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, I was pretty much feared by almost everyone at the table and a lot of my raises were making everyone go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent example of why players who are able to change gears are so dangerous. Everyone was scared of you which meant you could relentlessly steal pots but your big hands weren't getting paid off as much as you wanted. Changing gears for an orbit of the table to a LAG might have made a big difference against these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought about doing that a few times but wussied out. I might try that today and see what happens. I dunno about stealing pots against these guys who often call down and call the river with king-high. There are so many instances when, on the river, the guy who has been betting all the way will get called down by the last remaining player just to "keep him honest" or "see what he's got". Most of the time, the caller has bottom pair, no pair, busted draw, etc. For instance, one hand I raised in EP with JJ and got called only by the BB. Flop is K-9-3. I bet, he calls. Turn 7. I bet, he calls. River T, completing a flush draw and straight draw. I check behind him. He shows T7o.