View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Bottom Pair with benefits, also let\'s play Guess-the-Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd feel better about hand 1 if there were 3 players and 1 check to me. I guess my play would depend on more specific reads.

Hand 2, I'm not so sure about the flop peel. You've got .5-1 outs for the straight draw if there are no Aces out, 1.5 for the flush draw, and maybe 3 outs for the K and Q if they are good, and/or if they aren't duplicated in the preflop raiser's hand. This is 5 outs being super generous, and you don't even close the action. I would fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A zero-gapper straight is 1.5 outs, and what's this talk about there being an ace out there, that won't affect a straight [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I don't think we need to discount the K or Q outs too much, as they're already discounted by half when we assign them 1.5 each. Add in the flush draw and we have 6 max, again maybe giving us 5 or 5.5. A checkraise is possible, but that doesn't happen a whole lot at these tables so I'm not too worried. Getting 9 to 1 I'm pretty sure it's a call, and if it's loose it's not by much--I could make that up with implied odds if I hit a draw (as I did).