View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Dealing with super-aggros

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is always checkraising on that turn given the action so far, whether he has a hand or not. So whether or not to bet the turn and call down is really just a matter of how much equity AK has against his range. I don't know what he caps preflop with in a blind battle, but I suspect AK is ahead often enough to make betting/calling down correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is similar to yours and Spydog. Against most LAGs, this is a very good check the turn/call the river situation, but against a super-LAG you might well have sufficient equity to bet the turn here.

However, given that he'd probably cap preflop with any pocket and any ace, you have to think you're ahead 50% of the time to make this bet -- I don't think it's THAT good, so . . . a turn check is probably better. And lower variance, obviously.

Close, though.

Here's an annoying question -- against this individual, is a bet/3-bet line best? Betting the turn and calling down his inevitable raise puts in 3 bets. Betting/3-betting also puts in 3 bets, and has a chance of folding a small pocket.

??