View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i'd like to remind the bobs about is that making a living at online hold em isn't really that hard. the things we argue about and sweat on here are very small in the grand scheme of things and although the overall ability to analyze our play correctly will definetly be +EV, the small decisions that you might think are affecting your play right now are not the reason for your downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that many of the hotly debated topics here are about decisions that are not likely to have a large impact on one's bottom line. But I would not state that it is "easy" to make a living that way.

One of my mantras is that the hard part about limit poker isn't so much understanding the right strategy, but attaining the zen-like discipline to use that knowledge and play correctly. I think maintaining a disciplined approach is quite hard and that ability is what separates the real winners from the real losers.

Also, while many of the strategic decisions are so close that they may not matter tremendously in the long run, I think we all agree that even those discussions are helpful, as they invariably illuminate and refer to the fundamentals.