View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Pushing AK Preflop

[ QUOTE ]
I never go all-in over a re-raiser in a cash game with AK just because I don't like my chances if I'm called. Especially if villain is laggy, because he just might call with TT, JJ, or QQ as often as KK or AA - all of which have me behind preflop.

Since I don't like pushing, I'd be inclined to fold to the $25 reraise. If I really thought villain was overplaying his hands and making too many continuation bets with 2nd pair, gutshots, or over cards, then I'd call the reraise preflop and then check/fold if I miss the flop, or check/raise significantly (up to all-in) if I hit TPTK (in which case I'd be screwed if my read was wrong and he really DID have AA or KK this time).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling his re-raise is REALLY bad. Here's the thing. If you're going to get it all in on an A or K high flop ANYWAYS, what good does flat callling do you? AK wants to see all 5 cards against an underpair and your chances of getting paid off by QQ/JJ/TT go down drastically with an A or K out there. Also, if he's willing to stack with AQ it will be much easier to do it PF than postflop.