Thread: AA party 2/4
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: AA party 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
No!!!!!! A sLag wont drop top pair to a 2nd barrelL! This was my point! hands that have 5% equity... you want them in!!!!!!!! bet bet bet, have them call, then buy dinner w/ their money.

Then why will you fire another barrelt with AK? I'm really not sure if going for the whole stack of a decent player is right the times he has top pair in this spot, but ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

It SEEMS needing to protect AA because alot of hands are quite live; and that this is a GOOD spot to 2nd barrell with ace high are contradictory, they are not.

Same reason Q 8 2r (X) board checking both ace high and AA is more or less correct. Poker is weird, huh?

Fully explaining the "why" is tough, but to be concise: I alluded to alot of hands which are fairly live, like 20% or less, if you check they can win + value bet. Then I also said we dont care if they fold. Thing is, alot of those hands fold. Which is better then having turn checked through. Now, if alot of them fold, doesnt this make it a good spot to bluff w/ AK? (Even though in that case ace high is good! It just cant stand any heat, thus a bluff) *As well, underpairs or bottom pair or what not you have considerable fold equity w/ AK, not to mention middle pair pairing gives you some more pot equity as well.

If I bet 5handed with AK i never would expect Jx to fold, and thats also why I always bet whe nI can beat those hands.

[ QUOTE ]
he only times its NOT a call is if a bet is right vs their hand range (all the draws, pps, top pair, etc.) but when they raise, you can use this NEWLY GIVEN INFORMATION and ascertain a fold vs their NEW range (ie, only trips or full house)

Of course. Like betting speed or chat tell or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt really mean that, I dont trust those enough online, I ment more of a rock figure. (People's image)... Like... not to pick on anyone in particular, but sourbeaver. If he checkraised me here I would put him on quads and fold.

=)