Thread: AA party 2/4
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: AA party 2/4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying whether he calls raises or folds thats fine, it's just checking is not giving him the option to make a mistake (call or raise)

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I hate to be a nit, but </font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
But really, alot of hands which WILL call a bet, like flush draw, straight draw, or both, make them make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ] But ok. That was super nitty. Will stop.

Also, about not paying off the draw, you should be calling 100% of rivers; even if top pair pairs, he may be bluffing flush. or busted straight. or if straight fills, he may be betting top pair, or if the flush, he could be using that for a busted gut + overs. something like that. point is, by checking not only do you give up a portion of the pot, but you pay off their value bet.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah. Here you're 100% correct. Don't know why I said that about not payinf off when he hits.

No!!!!!! A sLag wont drop top pair to a 2nd barrelL! This was my point! hands that have 5% equity... you want them in!!!!!!!! bet bet bet, have them call, then buy dinner w/ their money.

[/ QUOTE ] Then why will you fire another barrelt with AK? I'm really not sure if going for the whole stack of a decent player is right the times he has top pair in this spot, but ok.

the only times its NOT a call is if a bet is right vs their hand range (all the draws, pps, top pair, etc.) but when they raise, you can use this NEWLY GIVEN INFORMATION and ascertain a fold vs their NEW range (ie, only trips or full house)

[/ QUOTE ] Of course. Like betting speed or chat tell or whatever.