View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:19 AM

Default 98s plays a big pot live 1/2 NL

Foxwoods 1/2, $100 max buyin game.

She-villain is a woman who doesn't seem to understand the game (folds out of turn often, tried to raise by throwing in one $25 chip, has folded her BB in unraised pots multiple times) who is getting run over by the deck. She reraised 55 (from $10 to $20), got called, and ended up winning unimproved check/calling down on an AQxxx board (other player had 22 and felt he could push her out). She's been raising any 2 big cards and raising/reraising any pair all day and has taken down almost every single pot she's played just by pure dumb luck (i.e. if she raises QJo, the flop comes J-high and somebody pays her off with JT, if she raises a small pair and gets called by overcards, nobody every hits anything and her check/call down method wins her the pot). There was speculation after she left that it was all an act and, if so, it was an incredibly good one. I don't believe it but, hey, I could be wrong.

He-villain is a little loose preflop in that he'll play anything for a raise up to $15 that he would've limped with but isn't a total idiot postflop. He's lost his stack with kicker problems a couple times due to the looseness of his preflop calls and inability to lay down TPGK or small overpairs (TT on a 9-high board losing to QQ, for example).

I have 9s8s in LMP with about $750 behind. He-villain ($136) limps UTG, 2 others limp, I limp, She-villain ($349) raises to $10 on the button. SB folds, BB calls, he-villain and all limpers call so I call, too.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($51)

Everyone checks to me, I check, she-villain bets $25, he-villain is the only caller to me and I call, too.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($126)

He-villain checks, I check, she-villain bets $50, he-villain pushes for $101 total. I am almost postive he has some sort of 7 (probably A7s, maybe 87s or 76s). She-villain looks distressed by this raise and I feel it is unlikely she will reraise but will certainly call. I call here feeling that, even if I hit a 6 and it fills he-villain, I can get paid off by she-villain's likely AA/KK/AQ/KQ. There is certainly a risk I could make a flush that fills she-villain but she won't make a huge river bet (she's never bet more than $50 despite pot sizes) so, if the card that makes my flush is an ace or king, I plan on check/calling and betting if I make the flush with a low card or the straight.. In that case, I think I can get the rest of her stack if she has AA/KK/AQ/KQ as she has never (to my knowledge) folded an overpair or top pair. To my surprise, she reraises $50 more (an illegal raise as the minimum should be $51 but nobody notices and I'm not going to say anything when I'm still drawing). I call this, too.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (main pot: $429, side pot: $100)

This is the card I most wanted to see as I didn't think anybody would make me for the straight. I bet $200. She-villain has $163 left and pauses for an extremely long time, looking very uncomfortable. Her action and results to follow.