View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
You're behind more than 50% here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't agree with this part I guess. I had a good read on the guy, he was pissed off at me, he had been overplaying all night, and his angry turn call suggests to me that he finally realized he was getting charged for playing poorly and he needed help on the river. I hope this isn't a "you had to be there" thing because I make similar plays online alot against aggro guys in big pots - because you are ahead more than you think and its worth it to try and charge the draws the max and rarely push out a better hand.

So MP had AQ with the ace of spades and the bad SB had red KJ (a better hand than I expected from him). When a good mid/high poster says I missed a bet on the end, and then the SB turns up red KJ which he certainly would have called with - its impossible for me to argue that my check was correct in this hand. One thing I notice from playing / observing bigger games is that the really good players make thin (correct) value bets and I think I screwed up by not doing so here.

Thanks for the comments from everyone,
DeathDonkey