View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: A Question for Christians

[ QUOTE ]
Atheists insist that the "faith-versus-reason" debate be conducted with reason as the final arbiter, which means that faith will never get a fair hearing. Again I apologize if I appear conceited, but the problem is apparently that we speak and understand two different "languages", but they are fluent in only one, hence we are compelled to conduct the debate in the arena that is common to all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it were so. A supernatural belief system is not layered on top of or in addition to the secular view or it would be irrelevant to living ones life. It's intertwined in the worldview, attributing different causes for occurences, different consequences as actions. Xtrianity is not complex to understand ( or it would be only for the bright, which it doesn't seem to be), and many have been in that framework and left it behind. There's no deep mystery to understanding the claims, most are very simplistic for that matter, and need to be.

"faith-versus-reason" debate can only occur in the arena of reason by definition "debate". Give us an example of a faith-based debate that leaves reason out .. who knows, maybe people would take to it. But remember .. NO reason or logic allowed. I'd love to listen in, you'll have no problem finding a partner on here.
I'm not even asking for a reason-faith debate done in the faith method .. I'd just like to see one between too people of the same faith, debating it, no reasoning, no logic.

gluck, luckyme