View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Party NL100 compared to NL200?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there should be a FAQ on this

basically it's better to just take a shot and feel it. you will seldom face a significant change of skill levels between 2 connected levels. For multitablers, try mixing in 1 or 2 tables of the stake you are taking shot in and play normally, and see how you do.

you will most likely succeed.. just keep playing solid poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised you mention mixing stakes at the same time while multi-tabling. Do you not think this can lead to some mistakes and less perfect play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-tabling ALWAYS leads to less than perfect play, but you multi-table to maximize your EARN, not your play.

With that said, I do the same thing. Have 1 or 2 tables that I'm "taking a shot at" while I have the other 2-3 at my "normal" limit. It has worked out fine so far(despite the downswing I encountered at 50NL 6-max... -4 buyins really hurt!). But this is the best way to get acclimated to the stakes instead of just playing forever at one limit, then just all of a sudden jumping up. It helps when you are used to a $7 continuation bet instead of jumping from a $3 continuation bet with air to a $7 cont. bet with air. It can affect your play.