View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
In light of the recent KK folded boat hand, I thought I'd post this one.

Live hand, so details are a bit fuzzy but here's the gist.
I literally just sat down at the table and posted in LMP (1 off hijack I believe). What can I say, I can't wait to get into these games...it appeared quite good from limited observation (as I missed a hand sitting down) when I finally got a seat.

Really no read on anyone at the table having just sat down, but SB seems a little more serious than the rest of the table...somewhat of a "pissed at the world" face going on. Not sure if he is tilting or that's just his persona.

Anyway, I post and get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 limpers to me and I raise my option, 2 cold callers behind me, the SB calls and the BB calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, 2 behind me call, SB calls, BB folds, 2 EPs call.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, 2 behind me call, SB checkraises, folded to me, I 3-bet, 1 behind me cold calls, other folds, SB caps...

What's your action? What's your thoughts on SB's possible holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when SB capped the turn, my thoughts were either I was way behind or way ahead. His most likely possible holdings were AK or A8s and I was set on going for the overcall from the caller behind me rather than raising a potentially better hand on the river. The only problem was, if I was ahead and the cold caller behind me was on a flush draw and it missed, well then I might miss a bet.

As it turned out my decision was made very easy when the last T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hit.

SB bet, I raised (again figuring if CCer behind me was on the flush draw, she would fold, or would again call two cold again with any A), SB just called and of course MHWG.

Interestingly, the SB folded his hand and the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flashed as the bottom card but I couldn't make out his other card. His look was that of being pissed more at himself than from getting beat, as he did not say a word to me about "getting lucky" or "nice catch" and didn't have a look as if I "caught", so I suspect AK or maybe AQ over A8 based on his reaction and disgusted rather than violent muck.

Needless to say I think that was the only hand I played for the next 4 hours or so, and I don't think I won more than 2-3 pots that whole night. Great way to start...and as quickly as I thought this month's downswing was going to turn around, the gas ran out and I just sat and observed for the majority of my time at the table.

Bunky sat down a short while later, and another lurker on the forum did as well (forgot his name, JPoland ???), so that had some added entertainment value as I practiced variations of card mucking while watching them play! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]