View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Never Called Down With King High Before

I really don't get this. Perhaps those that are showing their support could offer explanations as well.

I can only imagine that the argument relates to this being a way to get a decent number of bets in the center.

I certainly don't think it's the best approach. The guy is willing to jam with air. Awesome. Let's go.

I think the best line is to raise flop. Previous play at the table would determine whether I'd cap or not. If he only calls your flop bet and donks turn, I raise.

Secondly, I'd don't know what your other opponents are like, but this is not so hot for your image. I'm trying to think of how I would react if I witnessed this. I'd peg you as weak. I'd probably call you a little girl (please don't take offense, I'm trying to be honest and constructive). I would then look for opportunities to stick you in between the maniac and myself, fattening my pots and making you fold winners.

In sum, I think you're costing yourself money in this hand and subsequent ones with this line. Also, competition is quite a motivational factor for me, and I fail to see how you can take any satisfaction in calling down each street. And I also think that if his inferior holding should hit while taking this line, it would be to your psychological detriment.

On the other hand, jamming this joint and being right solidifies your confidence and will make your other opponents shudder. They will not want to mess with you, and they will fear getting involved with you and him. And now, if they do, you know they have some serious goods.