View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Its crap like this

[ QUOTE ]
Often your opponent will just check behind on the turn, or fold to your turn check-raise. Check-raise or bet the flop and take it from there. Or check-call the flop and bet the turn, but don't check-call, check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, do you say this because Slowplaying Is Dead? Or because the opponent may check behind with ace-high? Or because it shows so much strength?

Personally I check-raise in spots like this all the time. If you bet out after calling, passive players think "he's got two pair! Just call!" And they call you down.

If you checkraise their aces, they still call you down.

Against a passive player who's just going to call you down (and I see these a lot), I think the line is fine. Against an aggro player, then yes, there are better ways, especially if he's capable of laying down a hand.

As for the river play in hand two, I just call here as well. Sure looks like he improved to me, otherwise why not pop back on the turn?

EDIT - upon rereading, my first graf is completely unnecessary since you succintly said why you think that. Eh. I can't read.