View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Ministep 3 w/ 55 in MP: count the errors...

[ QUOTE ]

<u>and then when you know what he has, trust your judgement 100%.</u> If you think he is on second pair, but will not fold unless you bet your whole stack, then bet your whole stack(unless of course you have a better hand than second pair, which is unlikely since players like us can rarely beat bottom pair), <u>even if it means your tournament is over if you are wrong.</u> Practice trusting yourself, you will be wrong enough in the beginning to doubt yourself, but don't let that stop you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the raise PF is worse than the call.

Between my call of an all in on the turn with JT high (no pair no draw), a call of an all in on the river with AK high, my push in late position with KQ on the river in a 3 handed pot, my fold of 777TT full house, and now my call with 55 of a potsized all in on a KQT flop [all posted recently to 2+2], I have never once been wrong when the money went in, with these "awful plays" (in the few days that I have started my comeback to poker after taking a long break.) I know this is results-oriented-based thinking, but what I am trying to say is that I trust my reads.

Of course, I am wrong with alot of other "standard" plays that I make, especially me being too weak tight sometimes (folding AQ in late pos, etc.) or incorrect thinking (that hand I posted with AT, where I didn't raise PF, and where I bet the river even though the board hasn't changed, was obv a bad move.) Which is why I post these hands - to get some advice. But I don't understand how you can fault me for trusting myself. (Yes, I know how big of a dog I am to a pair.)