Thread: The Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: The Bible

hashi92 suggested talking to a priest. Wouldn't a priest have to have a good idea on how to interpret any questions I might have? My kids go to religious school and I know a priest there. I'd just feel very awkward having a priest explain questions to my kid's atheistic father. Like you, few are able to take an atheist seriously when he wants to learn about religious doctrine.

Thanks for the link. I have a hard time reading books online (it's hard on the eyes). Maybe if I can tone my monitor down it will be worth a try. And before I even read the very first page....

Am I to understand that interpretations are not important? If Christians can disagree amongst each other, I honestly don't understand how you (or anyone), can be so sure that you're exact interpretation is the correct one. Either such interpretations can't be important, or God is really putting us through a rigorous IQ test. How can God limit His Kingdom of Glory to only those intellectually capable of sifting through such complicated writings and arriving at the exact right answers over other like-minded pious people who mistakenly got it all wrong?

But now I'm back to debating. I just want to get this out of the way before I start reading so I can keep an open mind.