View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Flop Decision: 65s

First off, I still like a Turn bet if we improve. It's just the sort of donkish move that will give us good results. When we CR we:

A: Risk the possibility of it getting checked through.(Remember, we did say that it was possible we had the best hand if UTG was betting UI overs)
B: Alert the table to the strength of our hand, and with 4 to a flush and/ or a paired board, they will likely slow down or fold altogether.
C: Betting out may get more value out of the hand. If UTG decides to raise us again we may be able to trap everyone for 3 bets, or possibly get the Turn capped. Button has already shown his willingness to cold-call raises, and if he doesn't then we truly haven't lost that much given our ability to 3-bet. I think the the Loss/Reward ratio is in favor of betting out.

Your right about the Turn, I don't know what I was thinking. Your getting good odds and your situation is greatly improved because you are no longer subject to redraws.

Just to round this little discussion out, after your check-call on the Turn, If the River bricks, (not many left for the deck to throw) whats your plan for the River when your being offered 11-1?

Crying Call? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

(kind of see now why Entity was in favor of Open Folding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])