View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: I\'ve been Thinking

You seem to know much about this. To the point where you've gotten me interested to learn more about the Islamic faith myself.

I agree that it's not easy breaking away from years of brainwashing which begins in early childhood. Of course this would increase the possibility of a few intelligent religious fanatics here and there. This is especially true of those who I suspect have lived very sheltered lives.

I'm not sure if men like Osama fall into this catagory however. Some of these guys have traveled the world over and received their education at major universities (you would know better than I if this were true, but I'm guessing that it is). In other words, they have had exposure to the outside world and ample opportunity to think for themselves.

I think we can agree that whatever Osama's personal beliefs are, he must certainly know that catering to the intellectually inferior masses by using religion as a tool, is the surest way to unite his front and further his cause. Just look at how often George Bush throws the word God around to try and unite the intellectually inferior of this country.