View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 02:54 PM

Default how long to slowplay monster hi/no low draw?

I'm on campus now, but this hand from last night has been stuck in my head. I do not have the HH, but here's the recount.

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 PLO8

No stacks larger than $120..

Hero had just lost the previous pot, and has ~$80 in front (didn't have a chance to load up to $100)
CO has ~$90 CO was a very tight/weak (except every A2) player preflop, and post flop only put it in with a made hand.

Hero is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

5 limpers, SB completes, Hero (BB) checks.

flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checks around.

Turn: 2x

SB checks, Hero bets $2, folds around to the CO who raises $5 to $7. Folds back to Hero who reraises $5 to $12. CO calls.

River: 2x

Hero bets small in relation to the pot again (this time ~$10), CO pots, Hero reraises all in (about $2 over the pot bet), CO calls.

Now the outcome of this hand was rather interesting, but was not the question that I have about this hand.

I know I have a strangle hold on the pot, but the turn brought a nice low draw to the board, and it is heads up. I have no chance at a low, and would really hate to have this pot split, and only make a buck or so off the limps minus rake.

My first thought on his reriase was A22wheelcard? A235? A255? He was playing damn near only A2.

Which play has more value to this hand...

The turn reraise of a sure call amount, and then fire another "I hope to get raised" bet on the river? (playing the 80/20 edge here [assuming underboat with a low draw], and just hoping a low doesnt hit?)

or

Going ahead and potting the reraise, but have a very great chance of the CO folding right there? With that sort of board, why in the world would just a low draw with maybe an underboat call a large bet here? What are his folding percentages? Remember he did reraise the turn, but did not re-reraise...

How long do you slow play a one way hi enormous monster hand on a low draw board, when heads up?

Forgive me if this question is trivial, Ive only made the switch from PLHE to PLO8 over the course of the past few months, and reading every thread on here has really helped my game termendously. I had played positive LO8 for about 2 years when breaking from HE, but was a huge donk at PLO8 untill really reading through so many of the threads here. Thank you all very much.