View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 AM

Default My girlfriend wants me to stop playing!

So tonite my girlfriend decided to tell me that she thinks I need to play (a lot) less poker. I admit, she is correct; sometimes I am less attentive to her than I should be, etc, etc...

I am a senior in college. Currently I play 15-20 hrs/week. So she says "lets determine how many hours you should play per week..." I'm thinking, "ok, she'll say like 10ish".

"Adam, I want you to play 3 hours/week or less!"

Well geez, didn't expect that one. So, of course I have no doubt that I can do that, but I explain to her that this is my job. This is how I buy us dinner and movies. I explain how I am playing well within my limits, that I never risk any sizeable portion of my money.

Now, of course I'll choose her over poker any day of the week, and if it comes down to that, let there be no doubt. I just can't get across to her the idea that it is simply a part time job. I have no intention of letting it become my life or livelihood.

Basically, I am willing to play less (or none at all), but I'd like to hear y'alls feedback on this topic. Surely there are people out there with some girlfriend experience...