View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: 5/10 drawing with AJ

Let's see....

PREFLOP: AJs cold-calls one more bet in BB with another player in the game; seems fine to me. If it had been a steal attempt, I would have reraised, but with UTG2 already in, you can assume it's a value bet and play to improve.

FLOP: Check-raising your straight draw seems fine. UTG2 reraises, which has to get you a bit nervous, but MP2 doesn't cap it -- that's good to know. You played this one fine, too.

TURN: I probably bet this one out of the gate rather than check/raise. If you're convinced that UTG2 will bet it, then the CR makes sense, but when the bet comes from MP2, what do you think he's got? Two pair? Lonely queen? A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I think your raise still has value, and I like it for the sake of its aggression.

RIVER: Oh my. I hate this fold. Do you really give a super-aggressive player credit for the boat? He could be betting a "blank" that's not a spade. He could be betting a third T. He could be betting that you'll fold. He could also be betting another J. Given your read on him, though, what two pair gets him to the river? Would he really play T9 or T8 from UTG2? For a raise? Would he really reraise the flop with top pair and a Q kicker? Would a super-aggro player check/call a flush on the turn? I'm seeing this as a solid situation to make a crying call. I'm thinking you win more than one time in 15 here.