View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Worse Pooh Bah ever...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FOLD Preflop, terrible terrible play, you want to learn start there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this bad? If he's 30/20 he's going to be raising a ton of stuff on the button and Ax is way too strong to throw away HU.

If you're going to call someone's play 'terrible' at least put a sentence or two as to WHY you think so. Aren't we supposed to be thinking players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I really don't like when people pick apart a play without some explanation or discussion.

That said, I think this is a fold. Even with him raising 20% of his hands, we're at best a 60/40 favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that 20% is the TOTAL number of hands he's raising, and this is going to be progressively weighted towards the button. The highest percentage of hands he raises is going to be opening on the button, and I would guess it's 40% plus here.

I misread this original thread and thought that hero was the BB. This is too thin of values to get involved with from the SB in my opinion. You can't help but play this from the BB, but from the SB your price is going to be a lot higher (you need to three-bet if you do play to try to get it HU, and this can backfire with the BB still in the pot.) You also aren't THAT big of a favorite against his range and out of position against a good player, which tips this to a fold preflop.

Postflop, (once you've made it this far) just bet the turn. This is a bad spot to try a screwplay. Villain is probably going to check a lot of hands that he would have called down with and probably bet a lot of hands you're behind.